CJR Digs Into 100 Years of Pulitzer Data
CJR analyzes the Pulitzer Prizes to observe the powers, and shortcomings, of the craft of journalism. Read more
Guns of New York
NYCity Lens launches a special multimedia report examining the impact, trade, rules, resistance & culture of guns in the city. Read more
ICIJ Releases Panama Papers Database
Five Data Specialization students have been collaborating with journalists around the world on the Panama Papers. Now the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists has released its database to the public. Read more
Congratulations to the Class of 2016
Journalism School graduates received their diplomas on Wednesday, May 18. Lyse Doucet of BBC gave the keynote address. Watch the recorded event. Read more
The Memory Project
Each student took a memory and then set about reporting what actually happened. Read more
Columbia Journalism School turns students into high-impact journalists.
Our Master of Science students develop fundamental reporting and writing skills and professional ethics—in addition to the digital fluency that 21st-century journalism demands.
Master of Arts students dig deeper. By combining three or more years of professional journalism experience with a concentration of their choosing—such as science, health and the environment, business, politics, or arts & culture—our students become stronger reporters, editors, and producers, able clearly to convey subject-area expertise.
Our Ph.D. program connects the field of communications with an academic study of the humanities to enhance the understanding of media.
Why Columbia Journalism School?
· Go digital. Our cutting-edge, revamped program reflects the profound changes in the profession. We teach our students to be 21st-century journalists.
· Learn from the best. Our faculty members, all distinguished journalists, teach and mentor our students at the only journalism school in the Ivy League.
· Make New York City your beat. We live and work in the media capital of the world. What better place to uncover, analyze, and explain the important stories of our time?
· Accelerate your career. In one school year, you’ll develop skills that take years to build in the field—and that will put you at the head of the pack.
· Be in demand. Our alumni are some of the most respected journalists in the world, and our grads have excellent job prospects.